How to become an Uber Driver-Partner
Before beginning your sign-up process, check if your vehicle meets the eligibility requirements
To become an uberX Driver-Partner in NSW, you will need to provide us with a copy of:
1) your full NSW Drivers Licence: You must have held a full Australian licence for at least 12 months in the last 2 years
2) your Passport or Birth Certificate
3) your Driver Authority: You must hold a current Private Hire Vehicle Authority issued by Roads and Maritime Services. We can help you apply for one by submitting your application on your behalf, simply sign into your Uber profile and and complete this form. Your application will be submitted once you have provided us with a copy of your documents. The cost of your application is $80 and will be charged to your Uber profile upon signing up. For more information see here
4) your Vehicle Insurance: Comprehensive or Third Party Property, your name, vehicle make and registration, policy expiration and type of cover must be visible on the document
5) Vehicle inspection: If you vehicle year is between 2012-2016, you will be required to complete an inspection at one of our sites found here. We will cover the cost of this!
Questions? Drop us a line here and a member of our team will be in touch shortly.
First, check you'll be driving an approved HC-plated vehicle. The HC plates must be official, registered Hire Car plates. Then, go to your Uber profile at partners.uber.com to upload the 3 required docs below to become an UberBLACK partner:
1) Comprehensive Commercial Vehicle Insurance
2) NSW Driver Licence
3) Hire Car Authority Card
Alternatively, you can bring in your documents to be uploaded by an Uber Expert at our Greenlight Hub.